Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's all Fun and Games Until...

{How to Make a Game Themed Mantel for $8.00}




...you poke your eye out!

...somebody starts crying.

...mom makes a few Miner adjustments to the fireplace mantel.




...there's a hole in the wall.






...your brother texts you R-rated "it's all fun and games" sayings.




{To Make: Collect}


Glass Bowls - Buy One Get One at Joann's Fabrics - $8.00

Games pieces and colorful toys from your kids toy box


{Directions}


Fill glass bowls with small game pieces and move them around so the letters/ numbers show

Use larger pieces/ toys to fill in the empty spaces

Groups of objects in odd numbers are visually appealing.

{Most important step: Tell the kids that they are not allowed to play any games until February when the games get taken down}.




It's all fun and games until...

How would you finish that sentence?


Happy New Year!

{Trina}


PS....My word for the new year...GAMES...I really need to play more games this year. Let's all have more fun!



Fonts used for chalkboard

Handy George
Bellefine
Kraash
Bergamot Ornaments
Budmo Jiggler




I'm hanging out at...

The Lettered Cottage

8 comments:

  1. It's all fun and games until......mom has to clean it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! And I am the mom who has to clean it up!

      Delete
  2. It's all fun and games until ... The wine bottle is empty. Love you! T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I wish there was more wine around here! Love you too!

      Delete
  3. December 30th...and again after February...in the mean time...it's just FUN...and games that you can play without boards! Happy New Year. I'm a bad friend...but I AM blogging about my SS gift this week....sorry so late...long story...I think that you'll be surprised by at least PART of it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, no worries. I have become a regular reader of your bloggity blog and I absolutely loved your Santa canvas. Looking forward to seeing the Secret Santa post!

      Delete
  4. Great minds do think alike! I especially LOVE the chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandi! Love your blog. I love out loud all the time and find myself reading it to the hubby.

      Delete

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover