Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Things to Do... 


                 
Have you ever hiked up a mountain? 

I’ll admit, it isn't my favorite activity, but when I get to the summit there is a sense of accomplishment like no other.

At the end of this weekend I looked around my laundry room and I noticed something.

It was like the Mount Everest of dirty laundry in there.

We held a family bridal shower for my brother and his fiance, so there was little time to get down there. 

My mom and brother did fold some of our clothes though. I am so thankful for them.


Now I need to get back on track....no more piles of laundry.

Want to know the secret that has changed my life, as far as chores go?


Do one load of laundry from start to finish everyday.

I know what you are thinking...
         
“I can’t mix my colors with my whites." 

{Disclaimer...if your colors are new, don't mix them with whites. No one wants pink undies.}

"Towels need to be done separately.”

Listen, if you can get passed that way of thinking, then you too can change your life.

There are 4 of us in the house, 3 of which are dirty, stinky boys. We have a lot of laundry.

I am OK with mixing towels with the clothes. There hasn't been any fuzz. And I do throw whites in with the colors.

If I have a sweater or shirt that needs to be washed on delicate, I'll just do 2 loads that night.


The key to success is to develop the routine that will work for you.

First, make sure all the laundry is completely finished....climb Everest.

Before dinner, put a load in the washer.

After dinner, move that load to the dryer. 

If some of the clothes need to hang to dry, just put them away with tomorrow's load.

While the kids are in the bath or when you are watching your favorite TV show {Parenthood, anyone?} fold and put away the laundry.

One load to wash, fold, and put away is so much easier than staring up at the Mount Everest of dirty laundry.

I have things to do and, hooray, laundry isn't one of them anymore.












Let's be friends: Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter


4 comments:

  1. I do a load every day but I sort things out. Monday I do towels, Tuesday it might be dark stuff, Wednesday maybe khakis and light stuff. I just see what looks like is piling up and do that. And smaller loads every day are so much easier to deal with, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great way to do it! I might think about going back to sorting, but sorting takes so long for me (insert whiny voice here). And yes, smaller loads are so much easier! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Towels are the bane of my existence!! I throw them in with just about anything around here...and like you, I try to do at least one load a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, it's funny...I actually love towels because they are easy to fold. I dislike socks and undies. It is like washing silverware....bleh! But i have eliminated a lot of time with socks and undies...I don't fold them. Just throw them in the drawer and go! Have a great day, Cheryl!

      Delete

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover