Monday, November 24, 2014

20 Pound Turkey, Please Twirl and Take a Bow


On Saturday, we had Thanksgiving dinner for my husband's side of the family. That morning the hubs got up...cleaned the bathrooms, mopped the kitchen floor and then proceeded to make a fabulous feast!

{If you think I didn't help....you would be mostly correct.  
I did; however, set the table and make the gravy}.

He was so proud of himself for finishing with time left over to take a nap.

Then it started to rain. And it was only 33 degrees out, so we all know that freezing rain doesn't follow too far behind.

We crossed our fingers that our family wouldn't cancel. We crossed our fingers that the rain held off.

Lucky for us, most everyone else was able to get here and we were not left to eat a 20 lb turkey all on our own! Can you imagine?? And it was delicious!

I know that Thanksgiving isn't officially here, but in my mind, we are finished {don't worry, Mom and Dad we are still coming for dinner on Thursday}.

So I am feeling more Christmasy these days. Our elf is even going to show up here today, I just have a sneaking suspicion.

Let's see what you have been working on! Enjoy the inspiration!



                    Let's be Friends: Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, Hometalk, Tsu





~TOP PICKS~


{1} This rustic Christmas cabin by Fynes Design is perfection....like something out of a movie. Virginia even made the ornaments on the tree!

{2} Not only do I love this DIY lamp, but I love the name of this blog Hearts and Sharts. Dena is brilliant!

{3} The Crazy Craft Lady, Aimee has done what I would be afraid to do, but would absolutely love. This globe is a perfect addition to any Christmas home.

{4} It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas...and I love any and all chalkboards, especially this one by Priscilla at Priscillas!

{5} The other day I was stuck behind a logging truck on the highway and I was just wondering about what could be made out of those logs. Then I stumbled on this cute clock by Kristi at Making it in the Mountains



~Guest Host~

We have a new guest host for the next few weeks.  I wold like you to meet Dorrie from 
.
She has fabulous projects including her own hand painted signs!

Hey hey! I'm Dorrie Buccafusca from Simple Southern Charm. Aside from keeping busy with my five kiddos, I love DIY projects, especially the ones that my hubby and I take on together. I'm a mama who knows how to get her craft on.

Just show me to the nearest jar of mod podge! My true love though, is definitely paint. Be it furniture, cabinetry, walls or canvas, it's incredible how the perfect colors can completely transform a room.

I'm learning how to embrace imperfection, live purposefully and decorate our home with with intention. I'd love for you to stop by my Facebook page or poke around my blog and find something that inspires you to reimagine or recreate a space in your own home. Now let's get to partying! xo



We'd love for you to follow each of our blogs, but we'd also like to connect with you on Pinterest!

pinterest





Take a moment and visit all seven hosts for the Twirl & Take a Bow Party...
 .
You'll be glad you did!

House on the Way


Twirl & Take a Bow Party

*We would love for you to follow us!
*You must link directly to your post.
*In order to be featured, you must link back to a host blog using a link or the party button found on the sidebar.
*Only home decor & design related crafts, DIY, how-to’s, decorating tips and recipes.
*Visit one other party link. Share the love and the inspiration!
*No links to shops, Etsy, giveaways or solicitations.
*By linking up your post, you are giving House on the Way, All Things Heart and Home, Designed by BH, Art is Beauty, A Few Miner Adjustments and Chaotically Creative permission to use a picture as a feature on their blog and other social media outlets.

Each week we will also be featuring a few outstanding inspirations from the week before.




1 comment:

  1. Hello cute lady! I love stopping by and partying with you. Thank you for hosting. Please come and party with us at our party. We would really appreciate it. Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover