Monday, July 20, 2015

Serving Tray Makeover using 2 Colors of Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan®



Do you think that Chip and Joanna Gaines ever argue? I don't mean a little bickering. I'm talking about voice raised-red faced-teeth clenched shouting? They live together. They work together. They raise 4 kids together. That is a lot of....together.

I would never wish this on anyone. Truly.

They just seem too good to be true...a fairy tale for sure.

I am definitely not complaining. HGTV's Fixer Upper is my favorite decorating show.
FAV. OR. ITE.

In my mind, they can do no wrong.

Just like this tray I had.




Well wait....no. This tray can do wrong.

The color.

I thought I was all into aqua/ Tiffany Blue last year, but all winter it just wasn't working with my dining room.

The tray and the room were having one major red faced argument.

So I came in as a non-partial mediator and made a few Miner adjustments.

Remember my living room dresser? I painted it Duck Egg Blue by Annie Sloan® and then put clear and dark wax on it.

For the arguing tray I did something very different with that color.

How to end the argument:

1. Paint ugly tray with Graphite by Annie Sloan®


2. Then mix Duck Egg Blue Paint with some water....it is a great trick to make the paint go farther and it will give the piece a super smooth finish.


3. Paint over the Graphite with Duck Egg Blue {2 coats}


3. Get a very light sandpaper {220 grit}

{Helpful tip: The higher the number on sandpaper the less grit. The lower the number the more grit}.

4. Sand it lightly to let the Graphite color come through.

5. You cannot mess this up. And if you don't like it, paint it again.

6. Wax entire tray with Clear Wax by Annie Sloan®.


And just like that, the argument between the tray and my dining room ended.


I have a strong feeling that if Chip and Jo Jo do ever argue, Chip probably does something super silly to make his wife laugh.

Like a different paint color....it works every time.












Let's be Friends: Facebook, Pinterest, HometalkInstagramGoogle+Twitter







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover