Sunday, July 7, 2013

How to Pack 2 Suitcases for 4 People for a 7 Day Vacation


Last week was a fun, crazy, exhausting and memory filled week for us.

My parents took the whole family (thank you, thank you, a million times…thank you) to Disney World.  

Since this was the first plane ride for the kids, I really didn't want to deal with 4 suitcases.

So I thought and planned and made a few Miner adjustments to the packing. 

I was able to get all of our clothes in just 2 suitcases.

Really...2 suitcases for 4 people for 7 days.


Photo by Dennis Ure


{1}
Check the laundry situation prior to leaving.

We have a washer and dryer where we are staying…and I am sure that many of the resorts in Disney have laundry. {I know the All Star Resorts do}.

{2}
Having laundry capabilities…cut the amount of clothes you take in half. We are going for 7 days.

I packed 4 outfits (plus the outfit we traveled in), 2 bathing suits, 1 pair of pajamas, a pair of sandals and a pair of sneakers for each person.

That is it…nothing extra.

OK…I have a confession.

I missed having a dress for a night out on the town,
 so while we were there I bought one. 
In hindsight, 
I wish I had packed one little dress above and beyond the 4 outfits.

I am a girl after all. We need choices.

{3}
Wear the biggest shoes you have while traveling…that way they won’t take up a lot of space in your suitcase.

{4}
Put each outfit together.  Wrap your shorts, shirt, undies, and socks up together for each day. That way you can just grab an outfit, get dressed and go. 

Then in the middle of the week after everything has been washed you can mix and match to make new outfits.




{5}
Speaking of which, make sure the articles of clothing you pack can be mixed and matched.  Disney is such a casual place, so a lot of fancy clothes and shoes are not needed.

If you sneak in a sundress make sure it goes with the sandals you packed.

{6}
Check your resort/ rental house to find out if they provide a hair dryer.  Then leave yours home.


I know... you love your hair dryer. 
It works amazingly with your hair. 
Like no other hairdryer can do, but it is only a week you can live without it. 
Trust me. 


{7}
If you are planning on going to the grocery store when you get there {we did}, leave all the liquid stuff {sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner} at home and buy it when you get there.




{8}
In your small carry-on bag put all of your important things…your kids {kidding}, chargers, iPad, sunglasses, camera, extra pair of undies {Hey, you never know}.

It is difficult for me to trust checking my luggage…always keep the expensive things with you.

{9}
The kids can take their backpacks with them, to carry any “airplane fun”. 

I am a huge believer of “If you want it, you carry it.” Have them leave enough space for souvenirs.


Overall, this worked really well for us. I actually had one shirt that I never wore. Everything else got rotated so much I forgot about it.


Did I forget anything?


3 comments:

  1. Trina! Thank you for this...I'm using it on my little trip this week! Great job! So glad to be working with you on Twirl and Take a Bow! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size suitcases did you use? I'm assuming carry-on from your post. That's incredible if it was 2 carry-ons for 4 people for 7 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica! We used suitcases that are a little bigger than carry-ons, but we didn't check them as they fit in the overhead compartment. Carry-on bags would have been a little too small.

      Delete

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover