Thursday, April 4, 2013

It Happened Suddenly

A Porch Remodel Started {Plus Some Dirt and Rocks}





When we had our Realtor come over to appraise our house last month she oohed and aahed over the kitchen tile

She told us the living room, albeit long and rectangular, was arranged perfectly. 

She loved the paint colors that we had chosen for the walls.

But she also said something that struck me to my core.

We would have to sell the house from the inside out.

Yikes...Where was that guy from Curb Appeal?

We had spent so much time working on the inside that the outside had suffered.





I knew that our front porch was bad.

I knew that our front steps were awful {even though last summer I hired some painters to try and fix it}.

I knew that our front walkway needed some help...

with it's uneven pavers...

and having to walk down from the driveway and then having to walk back up at the steps...

 and the solar lights that don't work.

Then there is the ugly lattice. I won't even go there.




We would have to sell the house from the inside out.

So the hubs and I started talking. 

TALKING. 

That's all.

Or so I thought.

Yesterday, while the boys and I were in the house quietly working on a different blog project something happened suddenly.

I went outside and...

...there were no more rotting steps to walk up.

...there were no more uneven pavers to trip on.

...there was no more ugly lattice to look at {well just a little still there}.




I was shocked. And then I cheered and shouted and started dreaming of the possibilities!




The hubs has quite a task ahead of him. A few MAJOR adjustments. 

I think that it is going to be fabulous! 

At least I hope our Realtor thinks so!


{Trina}

PS...
At this time we are not selling our house. 

At this time we are not remodeling the kitchen.  

At this time we are knee deep in rocks and dirt. 

PPS....This is what my front lawn currently looks like....shield your eyes! It ain't pretty.



4 comments:

  1. I might have to face a similar conversation when we go to sell our house. I love to work in the backyard and in the house but not in the front yard so it is pretty basic. I am joining up to follow you and I look forward to watching the progress.
    I would love it if you came to check out my blog, Three Dogs At Home.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Traci! We are tired. At not nearly close to finish. And it is back to work tomorrow morning from this busy spring break. I think that when we are finished, I just might send pictures to our realtor and just to show her how she motivated us to change it up. {Heading on over to check out your space}.

      Delete
  2. I love outside projects...in fact more than inside projects sometimes...I'm a new follower - can't wait to see what's next!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Cheryl! I have to say, I usually do not like working outside, but this project has been so exciting that I can't sleep some nights. We are about 55% finished. I can't wait to take pictures. It went way farther then just the steps...new decking for the entire porch, new posts, new walkway. It will finally look like us instead of the builder!

      Delete

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover