Sunday, March 23, 2014



My grandma was a collector.

She collected crafting supplies and cards.

She collected mugs that she proudly displayed on shelves in her living room.

And she also collected quotes.  I wonder if that was her favorite thing to collect.

Most of the cards she sent me would have a quote written in it that fit the day.

She even started a journal of quotes that she collected for me. Anytime she was in a store and she saw a new one, she would write it down in her notebook and then mail me the piece of paper.


So today, my favorite projects have been paired with one of my grandma's favorite quotes {I still have the journal she started for me}. 

I apologize in advance...I do not know the authors.

{One}

"No one can help everyone, but everyone can help someone."

My most popular post to date is my tutorial on how to make a duvet cover with some fabric and a flat sheet. 

I would make another in a heartbeat. 
This is one of my favorite pieces in my whole house.




{Two}

"Help Wanted! Everyone in the family qualifies."

Cleaning out the toy box is no small task, but it can be done...with the help of the kids.  

And we even accomplished it without any whining!


Find out how: Clear the Toy Clutter

{Three}

"A Friend is one who overlooks the broken down gate and admires the flowers in the garden."


We recently finished our front porch makeover. The before was ug. ly. I think now this is my new happy place.


See the Before: Front Porch Makeover

{Four}

"I have loved you ever since I saw your face and felt the warmth in your hand."

My hubby and I wrote each other six-word love stories last year for our anniversary.


This project tells the story of how we met and started our life together.


Read the whole story: Six-Word Love Story

{Last} but certainly not least...

"If you want a balanced diet...hold a cookie in each hand."

But, hey, don't quote me on that one.












Let's be friends: Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover