Wednesday, November 19, 2014

All ‘Bout the Tile, ‘Bout the Tile Not the Mantel




Ever get a song stuck in your head and you just can’t shake it?

Maybe it is playing when your clock radio alarm goes off in the morning and you start humming it in the shower through sleepy eyes.

Then you get in the car and flip through the channels only to hear it again right at the chorus.

The kids scream, “Leave it here!”

So you leave it hoping against all hope that this will cure you from singing it for the rest of the day.

It never does though, does it?



It is kind of like our fireplace surround tile.  I asked for it to be replaced on my birthday….in July.


My hubby rocks and he got right to work during my birthday week. 

He chipped away at the old tile.

He replaced the sheet rock that was behind the tile.

He put in a new metal catch thingy around the fireplace glass.

He actually picked the final choice of tiles {out of the 2 choices that I gave him}…and he picked a great design.

We even hung a bunch and hired a cute helper. But that is where it ended.


That's when we got busy...

with summer camp, swimming at the beach,
and humming songs that were stuck in our heads.


A week went by.

My birthday passed.

August knocked at the door.

Then, all of a sudden, it was September and school had started again.


Finally, I put my foot down and said, “Let's finish this.”

So we got everything ready and went back to work.

We cut all the millions and millions of little tiny pieces that went around the edges.

We grouted the tile.

We found just the right molding to go around the mantel.

We talked my dad into putting the caulk in the nail holes. {Thanks, Dad!}


I even painted the mantel a fresh coat of white.

And it was finished.  The song could finally leave my head!

It only took 4 months. 
{all about the tile, 'bout the tile not the mantel....}

What songs have you been humming lately? I need to make a few Miner adjustments to the song that was stuck in my head!










Let's be friends: Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter




4 comments:

  1. Love the fireplace. I keep singing "It's a marshmallow world" I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet it's from that Target Christmas commercial. I love it, but it gets stuck in my head too.

      Delete
  2. I love this fireplace! Would you mind saying where you got the tile from? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! We got the tile from Lowe's. They had it in the store, so no special ordering was necessary!

      Delete

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover