Friday, August 8, 2014

Recipe: Sausage Pasta Toss




Planning or even cooking dinner really isn't my thing. 

Thinking about what to make is simply exhausting.

Do I have all the ingredients?

Does something need to be thawed?

Reruns of Fixer Upper are on,
do I really need to get up and start cooking?

I would actually be alright with cereal, for dinner, for the rest of my life if it meant I didn't have to think about it ever again.

However, my amazing hubby does like to cook and he is good at it!

Thank goodness! We won’t starve around here.

When we first got married we made a deal…

If he cooks, then I clean up the mess and vice versa.

It's a pretty sweet deal!

So this summer Matt came up with this little dinner {and of course, I cleaned up the dishes afterward}.


We weren't sure what to call it though…

“Matt’s Yummy Yum”
“You Gotta Try This”
“#sausagesquashzucchinionionnoodlesurprise”

Nah. How about a few Miner adjustments… we'll go with... 



 Sausage Pasta Toss

Ingredients:
·       Package of Sausage
·       Olive Oil
·       Zucchini
·       Squash
·       Peppers
·       Onions 
·       2 cups Rotini or Penne Pasta
·       Good Season {or your favorite brand} dry Italian Dressing Mix

Steps:
·       Boil the sausage in water to cook it through
·       Cut up and sauté the veggies in olive oil {drizzle to your liking} until they are al dente
·       Boil 2 cups of pasta
Brown the sausage after it has been boiled
·       Mix the veggies and pasta in with the sausage
·       Sprinkle dry Italian Dressing Mix over the top
·       Stir and heat through.

·       Find some good friends to share with and enjoy {that is a specific direction from the hubs, himself}.

We think you will love this!

And if you don’t I will come over and make something else for dinner, but only if you promise to do the dishes.











Let's be friends: Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Twitter

2 comments:

  1. This is one of mom's and my favorite meals. For a lighter version I leave the pasta out and cube up some chicken with the sausage, but it is good with pasta too (winter version).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great my husband loves sausage!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover