Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Stand-Off Before the Twirl and Take a Bow




A couple nights ago we were out to dinner and I took my 5 and a half year old (see super cute picture above) to the bathroom to wash his hands.  Something you should know about him first....he is strong willed, stubborn, too smart for his own good, and quick witted.

So when I went left into the women's room and he went right into the men's.

This was our conversation:

Me {looking back at him while holding my door open}: You can't go in there by yourself.

Him {looking back at me while holding his door open}: Yes I can.

Me: Well, I can't go in there with you because it's the men's room and you are not going in alone.

Him: Well, I can't go in there because it's the girl's room. {Pointing at my door and rolling his eyes.}

Me: Let's go get daddy and you two can go in there. {Pointing to his door and standing firm}.

Him: No. Just come in with me {his voice getting louder}.

Me: I will say it one more time, come with me or go get daddy {my voice getting lower...you all know that mommy voice}.

Then there was a pause and a starring contest of sorts. 

Just as I thought he was going to throw a fit or stomp off back to the table, he threw down his hands and walked into the women's room.

Him {sounding defeated}: Fine. But I don't like it in here.

Phew! I hope the tables in the back of the restaurant didn't hear that stand off. But really....I won! I think I will twirl and take a bow!

Speaking of which, there was no stubborn, strong-willed stand off for one of our beautiful co-hosts, Brooke...well then again, maybe there was. We have so many wonderful blogs that visit us picking the features gets more difficult each week.

Enjoy the features and may all of your "stand-offs" this week be victories for you too!





SampleMe_09


Hi, Everyone!  Happy New Year!  Can you believe it was still 2013 when we started our last Twirl & Take a Bow Party?

In case you're new to our little shindig, I'm Brooke and I blog over at DesignedByBH.  I share crafts/DIY project, food/recipes, wedding stuff, and musings about our adventures as new homeowners. 

I hope you'll join me in my little slice of the blog-o-sphere sometime in the near future!

feature photo

I happen to LOVE social media, too, so if you're interested, you can find me in all of these places:

Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, & Hometalk

But enough about me...let's move on to this week's features!  As always everyone linked up some really great stuff, so choosing was hard!  These are the ones that stood out the most to me...

Twirl & Take a Bow Features - http://DesignedByBH.com/ - Raspberry Chocolate Crumb Bars - idigpinterest

Don't these Raspberry Chocolate Crumb Bars from i dig pinterest look amazing?  I'll take the whole pan...

SampleMe_09

Twirl & Take A Bow Features - http://DesignedByBH.com/ - DIY Valentines Wreath - TwelveOEight

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, 


SampleMe_09

Twirl & Take a Bow Features - http://DesignedByBH.com/ - Coastal Colored Curbside Chair - Rustic Rediscovered

I absolutely love the colors of this Coastal Colored Curbside Chair from Rustic ReDiscovered.
Yes, "curbside" as in it was once trash...what a makeover!

SampleMe_09

Twirl & Take a Bow Features - http://DesignedByBH.com/ - Cannoli Cream Filled Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups - Bakewell Junction
SampleMe_09

Twirl & Take a Bow Features - http://DesignedByBH.com/ - Blog Planner - Designed Decor

If you're a blogger looking to get organized for the New Year, 
take a look at this Blog Planner from Designed Decor.  
I've already personally printed some of it out!

SampleMe_09

Now, it's time to link up your latest and greatest, and Twirl & Take a Bow!

Take a moment and visit all six co-hosts of the party~


House on the Way, Déjà Vue Designs, All Things Heart and Home, Designed by BH,Art is Beauty and A Few Miner Adjustments.


You'll be glad you did!


If you were featured, be sure to grab a button!


House on the Way

Now let’s party…..

Twirl & Take a Bow Party


*We would love for you to follow us!
*You must link directly to your post.
*In order to be featured, you must link back to one of the host blogs using a link or my button found on their sidebar.
*Only home decor & design related crafts, DIY, how-to’s, decorating tips, recipes, etc. You get the idea!
*Visit one other party link. Share the love and the inspiration!
*No links to shops, Etsy or giveaways.
*By linking up your post, you are giving House on the Way, A Few Miner Adjustments, All Things Heart and Home, Deja Vue Designs, Designed by BH and Art is Beauty permission to use a picture as a feature on their blog and other social media outlets.

Each week we will also be featuring a few outstanding inspirations from the week before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, fabulous friends!

Pin It button on image hover